Mike Biadasz Manure-Gas Monitor Rebate Program
On the morning of August 15, 2016 the Biadasz family received the worst news anyone can receive. Mike Biadasz, loving son, brother and uncle tragically lost his life while agitating a manure pit on his farm. He had succumbed to hydrogen-sulfide gas.
In the wake of tragedy Mike’s family turned their grief into action. This program will provide rebates for farmers and manure haulers who rent gas monitors, protecting them, their workers, and their family from the hazards of manure gas.
But, four-gas hand monitors are typically expensive to purchase and require calibration every 3-4 months to ensure it is working properly. Calibration can also be expensive. This program allows you to rent the right equipment at a reduced cost.
How the program works:
- Rent any four-gas monitor, up to 5 monitors per operation
- Use it to protect you, your workers, and your family
- Mail in the rental receipt and the completed Rebate Form
Those who mention the Mike Biadasz Manure-Gas Monitor Rebate Program will receive special pricing from Advantage Safety Plus, LLC - (715) 315-1499. If you place your rental order by 2:00pm central time it will ship that day and arrive the next day. The rental will start the day you receive the monitor(s). You are not obligated to use our preferred vender, but any rental must be from a legitimate gas monitor rental company (not from another individual). This is to insure that the devise is working properly and is calibrated.
Benefits of Participating in the Program:
- Receive a $75.00 rebate after the rental of a four-gas monitor
- Receive this rebate on up to 5 monitors
- Use the program every six months (January-June and July-December)
- You must be a Wisconsin farmer or manure hauler
- The rented monitor(s) must be a four-gas model
- Rebates are not applicable to the purchase of any gas monitor
- Monitors maybe used for other farm use (ex: silos, grain bins, bunkers)
To request the Rebate Form or if you have any questions or comments, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mike Biadasz Manure-Gas Monitor Rebate Program is a collaboration between the Mike Biadasz Farm Safety and Education Fund, Marshfield Clinic Center for Community Outreach, the National Farm Medicine Center, and the Wisconsin farming community.